Thursday, May 29, 2014

28 Weeks



How far along? 28 Weeks and belly is measuring 33 weeks which is totally normal since they will be full term at 36 weeks. Total weight gain: well, I would really like to lie but my goal is to really be transparent so I will tell you I am at 29 lbs now. I gained about 5 or 6 lbs these last 2 weeks. I almost had a fit, but the doc did say that this is the time for my girls to start getting chubby and gaining a lot. That is a good thing but scary for Mama to see that number on the scale. I had someone tell me this week that "My face looked funny." I said, "you mean you notice weight gain in my face?" They said, yep! Good Grief! Haha! What do I say to that..... I'm, thanks!! Maternity clothes? I found a maxi skirt at Kohls this weekend and I want to LIVE in it. It's not maternity but it fits so well and is so comfy. I am on a quest for more.  Stretch marks? No, and the Doc told me the weird burning spot on my upper tummy near my ribs is a nerve being pinched by my uterus. Sleep: same ol. I  sleeping really well.  Some days I have lots of energy and then some days I wake up and feel like I have been given a tranquilizer.  Those days I just try to take it easy and take advantage of the good days to get some work traveling in. Best moment this week: LOTS. We got our 4D ultrasound and saw the faces of our sweet girls for the first time!!! It was amazing ..... What a miracle the way The Lord so intricately creates life. Thankful. So Ren and I were car shopping this week. We ended  up deciding on a 2013 Ford Explorer. It is Kodak Brown, but basically looks black. There is so much cool technology in it and it has a panoramic sunroof which is perfect for me! I also got to catch up with my best friend Katie this week. She lives in Fairhope for now and was down this week. We went to her lake house on Satuday with our buddy Kristen and just floated in the lake and laughed. Much needed girl time. We got out after awhile to sit on the dock and when I looked back in the water a HUGE BLACK SNAKE was swimming right where we were floating minutes before. Now what you need to know is that 4 years ago, this same snake swam up to me while I was on a float and I almost lost my religion. Clearly Satan's Little Handpuppet wanted me to know he was still trying to get me.  The next day Renan and I had booked a Staycation Day at Ross Bridge Resort. I wanted to lay at the pool all day and enjoy the beautiful hotel. Katie joined us at the pool and we had a great day. However, that evening after dinner we went to start the car only to realize the battery was DEAD... On MY NEW CAR!! We had to Call roadside assistance, get Katie to save us and take us to Walmart to buy another battery and stood in the parking lot of Ross Bridge at 10pm at night holding the flashlight while my sweet hubby put in a new battery. BLESS! Ended up that the battery had leaked acid and corroded the terminal. They have had my new car for 4 days to replace everything. To say I was mad would be a HUGE understatement. I just thank The Lord it didn't happen while I was by myself going to the Lake! Miss Anything? Wearing my 2 peice swimsuit at the pool.  I wear it in the privacy of my backyard so this belly isn't big AND white. I mean, if I can't tone it, tan it. I wore my maternity tankini at the pool so I didn't scare the children. Food cravings: Sushi! Went to a new sushi restaurant called O Sushi and loved it! I had the philly roll with smoked salmon, avocado, and cream cheese. Also had the shrimp tempura roll. Renan got a couple of different rolls that were also fabulous. Will definitely be going again soon! Symptoms? My tummy hasn't loved me this week. That's all I'm saying on that 😉. Anything making you queasy or sick: only the fact that my NEW CAR is in the shop. Labor Signs: No way Jose. Wedding rings on or off? Still on peeps!! Happy or Moody most of the time: Verry Happy. I have felt good, had lots of fun things going on and spent time with my Love and my BFF. Now I was moody at the dealership after our Staycation was infringed upon but come on guys!! .Looking Forward to Anything? Lots of work stuff on the agenda for the next couple weeks. I am trying hard to get things wrapped up before maternity leave starts. Hopefully we can squeeze in some fun during all this. 

Miss Saylor was all ready for the camera! We got tons of shots of her....

Sister was not so cooperative. She was moving so much this is the best shot we could get of her! 

Nursery is coming along! Still a few things to finish up. Mom made all the bedding and curtains and did AMAZING! 

Before Satan's Handpuppet appeared. 

Beginning of Staycation...

Finale of Staycation... So thankful for a handy husband who can fix anything! 

He deserved this midnight snack! Literally midnight before we were doing working on cars in Ross Bridge.... I know they thought we were such rednecks. 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment