Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Baby Bumps and More

Lots has happened since that day of going nuts after getting the call from our IVF nurse. When she called, I was 4 weeks pregnant with a 40 week due date of August 14th. We were scheduled for an ultrasound the next week. We knew that we implanted 2 embryos, but I was still unsure if both would be viable. Well we got our first ultrasound and the tech was very no frills.....before she could get them on the screen good, she said, "well there are 2 sacs in there" We both just started laughing. What else could we do?!? 60% of Multiples are born early so twins are considered full term at 36 weeks. So after finding out, it really didnt feel real. We shared the info with most of our close friends and church family very early. This made sense for us because so many had been going through our journey of fertility along with us. I knew even if something happened early on, we would still have that support surrounding us. We made it "Facebook Official on week 9 and got an OVERWHELMING response that was very humbling for us both. I had the most AMAZING first trimester. I was not nauseous one single second, but I could not get enough of food. EVERYTHING sounded good to me. I'm not a burger girl, but a Wendy's burger sounded like Heaven. I just could not believe how HUNGRY I was all the time. I would wake up in the middle of the night and have to get up to eat something. Pretty much every hour I was needing to eat and I would get the hiccups when I didnt eat! I was so concerned about my weight gain because after working for a weight loss company and weighing in weekly, it was hard to see the pounds creeping on. I gained about 4lbs in my first trimester.

No comments:

Post a Comment