Thursday, October 29, 2015

Conte Twins 8 Months

So we are about to finish up 9 months around the Conte household and I am JUST now starting our 8 month blog.  Truth be told, this has been a VERY tough and trying month for us.  Not because of the girls, but because I was laid off of a job that i loved very much.  As the territory manager for Alabama for Weight Watchers, I was able to work mainly from home and have a super flexible schedule.  This allowed me to spend lots of my days with my girls and I was so thankful.  Long story short: The company was performing poorly, layoffs happened, I was impacted. So our 8th month started off with this Mama becoming a Stay At Home Mom.  Something that I SWORE I could never do.....(Yes, God, I realize I am not in control of my life....Thank you for the reminder :) )

Back to what this blog is really about..... BABIES!  So this month the weather started to really clear up and get warmer.  I did not realize how much I had been LONGING for warmth and sunshine.  We took the girls to Veteran's Park for the first time to swing.  The weather was perfect and Mimi and Pops joined us.  I thought they might be too small but they ended up loving it!  They laughed and squealed and just filled us all with joy.  We also had lots of Al Fresco dining on the deck which they seemed to love.

Speaking of eating, I had been feeding them solid foods about once per day.  I have made all their food myself and so far we had tried sweet potatoes, peaches, peas, squash, carrots, I think that's all. The girls always lay on their boppies to take their bottles and so I would just also feed them the baby food on the boppy.  That worked well until this month when they decided to try gymnastics while eating.  We were getting food everywhere so Ren got the highchairs down from the attic and they were a HIT! SO much easier and the girls really seemed to love them.  I was afraid that it would be a lot more work for me but really it's just a tiny bit more work just toting them back and forth from their room to the chair and back.

When the temp climed into the 80's one day, I decided I was pulling out my trusty baby pool that got me through the whole summer last year while I was pregnant.  I would lay in that thing like a beached whale sunning myself and I loved every minute.  I was hoping the girls would too and true to form, they did!  I started to put a swimsuit on them but I was by myself and that seemed like a lot of effort so NAKED BABIES in the pool it was!  This was also the month we started baths in the big bathtub so they were used to playing in the water by this point.  These little cuties were having a blast but....(rookie mom mistake) I forgot the baby sunscreen!!!  WHOOPS.  Made a trip to the store that evening and we now lather up before swimming :)

The girls had a visit from their great-Granny and it was awesome.  Nothing better than seeing your parents or grandparents loving on your babies.

So like I said, they have been eating more and paying MUCH more attention to what we eat.  I may or may not have had to bust open a package of Puffs in Walmart because they saw me eating a granola bar and had a FIT.  Well Mom and I took them to Panera and they were reaching for everything.  We ended up letting them go to town on the bread and boy did they go to town!  From then on I have started feeding them more throughout the day and trying different foods within reason. They are doing so great and i'm so proud of them!!

Ok so I am now caught up and will get back on my normal post from here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment