Saturday, April 25, 2015

Conte Twins 7 Months

I am behind on writing this month's blog and I am literally scrolling back through pictures in my phone to remind myself what we did this month.  I hate that it's like that but time is just spinning away right now and our family has so much going on.  While looking through these pictures i'm realizing that i need to try and take some time to just enjoy life.  The good days and the bad days.

Speaking of good and bad days, we are at the point that our good days far outweigh the bad ones.  These girls are such a joy and are such good babies.  I never really thought about it until everyone kept saying what calm, sweet babies they were....then I thought to myself...Yeah, they REALLY are.  I am so thankful for that.

I guess our first big event this month was going to the Petting Farm at Oak Mountain!  Renan and I were trying to decide what we could do that would be fun because the weather was supposed to be sunny and in the 60's.  I am not prepared to go to the zoo on a sunny Saturday yet so off to Oak Mnt. we went!  The girls loved just being strolled around and looking at all the animals.  I think they were taken aback by some of them but overall really seemed intrigued!  It is SO MUCH FUN to see things through your children's eyes.  No one ever told me just how amazing it is.....well they may have but it's just something you have to experience I guess. :)


A couple days later was my 31st birthday which I spent at home with the girls while Renan was on shift.  I was feeling bummed about being alone ALL day on my birthday but we went up to visit him at the station and he surprised me with a Delicious Bakery Cake that said Happy Birthday Mommy!!  So sweet!!  That is literally all I wanted for my birthday (I am SUCH a fat kid at heart) so I was thrilled.  We fed the girls some icing and they went nuts....naturally...they are MY children.



After that was Valentine's Day and Renan and I took our little Valentine's to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch.  We had just listed our house a few weeks before and we had a showing so we were excited. Turns out BWW is a great place to take kids to eat.  Lots of visual stimulation with all the TVs and it's loud so if  they cry it's ok! We are ALWAYS a spectacle everywhere we go and it was no different here but it was still really fun to have a "family date"

Renan told us earlier in the month about a Fairy Tale Ball they were having at the Calera Library.  He was on shift that day but would be able to be there so I decided to bring the girls.  There were princesses and Disney Characters galore and even some superheros!  This is ridiculous but I was literally swallowing the lump rising in my throat and blinking back the tears that were coming to my eyes seeing my girls in awe over these princesses.  I was such a fan of all that growing up and knowing they were going to experience all of it.......OMG i was not prepared!!!

This month also marked the babies being OUT in the world as long as they were IN my tummy!! 34 weeks! I truly can't believe how fast it has gone.  There are times I long to feel them rolling around in my tummy again but then I can't imagine not having them here to giggle with either! 

These little sisters are the BEST! 



No comments:

Post a Comment