Tuesday, June 24, 2014

32 weeks


How far along? 32 Weeks!  The big belly is measuring 38 weeks! duh, I have over 8lbs of babies in there! Total weight gain: 34lbs, I gained another 3 lbs In the last 2 weeks which puts me steadily gaining a little over a pound a week. I think I will probably go over my goal of only gaining 40 lbs but hopefully not by much. Healthy weight gain for a twin pregnancy is between 35 and 50. Maternity clothes? I have been house bound much of the week and I've been living in these black stretchy yoga type shorts I got at Old Navy. I had to wash them and I felt like a lost puppy looking for something to wear in the meantime. I also wore a non-maternity dress for my shower this week and although it fit perfectly 2 weeks ago, this belly has protruded more making it a tiny bit too short but I wore it anyway. Nothing you haven't seen before peeps. Stretch marks? No, however my belly button piercing is being stretched to its maximum! I curse (kidding) Kimberly Nowak for being a bad influence when I was 18 years old and taking me to get it done. My mom told me not to, but this kid didn't listen. I mean, it was cute but it's not cute to have a hole in your belly!!! Sleep: pre pregnancy, I would normally sleep about 8-9 hours every night. Now I'm lucky to get 5-6 and that is including 5 pee breaks, 72 times to adjust my pillows, and waking up 43 times just because. This is causing extreme exhaustion during the day, but can I nap? Of course not!! That would be too easy! Best moment of the week?  Even though it was a tough week emotionally for me, I had a lot of good spots. My sweet Mama and Dad each came over and helped me by organizing my house and pulling weeds for me. My sweetheart took me on a date night and we had the best time together.  Then we had our big Baby Shower at church. First you need to know I hate traditional baby showers. I despise games and I think it's awkward to watch people open gifts. That's just me. But my precious hostesses set mine up as a Baby Tea where they would open gifts in the back and then display them for everyone on tables. This left it free for me to mingle and talk with everyone and the guests could come and go as they pleased.  It was perfect. The girls got the CUTEST things and we got most everything that we needed.  We are so blessed by our church family. I can't imagine going through life, marriage, parenthood, without this amazing support.  I am so thankful and humbled at everyone who came out to celebrate our little twinkies! Miss Anything? Breathing through my nose. Wow I had no idea how much I took that for granted! See symptoms below. Food cravings: i literally couldn't wait to eat cake at the Shower. Y'all this cake is so stinking good and I think it's from Walmart! I took the remainder home and indulged the next day but then I threw the rest away. These thighs needed a break and they thanked me. Symptoms? So I started feeling like I had a mild cold early in the week which turned into a full blown sinus infection.  And see, I don't do anything halfway, so I get it all, SEVERE congestion, HACKING cough, exhaustion, the works. Doc called me in a Zpak and other than that I'm pretty much on my own.  The Neti Pot and I have formed a great relationship, however sometimes I am so congested that even that won't even help. When you already have 2 babies squishing your lungs and then you are removed from breathing through your nose.... You may have a panic attack and feel like you are drowning. Just saying. Anything making you queasy or sick? Not a thing. Labor Signs: at the doc this week I did show signs of protein in my urine and had a slightly elevated blood pressure. I am usually on the very low side of BP and I was in the normal range so we are keeping an eye on it. The doc did say, " your body may be getting ready" OMG. I am praying for these girls to stay in for at least 3 more weeks so we can maybe bypass a stay in the NICU. Part of me can't wait and part of me is scared to death. Why would anyone trust me with 2 baby girls!? I am an idiot. Wedding rings on or off? Fake rings pretty much all week. Happy or Moody most of the time:  Y'all don't even want to know how moody. This week I was having an especially uncomfortable and emotional day. Renan is gone 70% of the time trying to squeeze in all his rotations, school, and work before July and on this day I hadn't seen him in probably 48 hours.  I had already cried to my mom on the phone that day bc my friends were at the beach and we couldn't go. Well when Renan walked in the house, I just let it fly. I started crying SO HARD that I couldn't talk. I'm talking gasping, snotty, red face crying. He just sat there rubbing my hair and let me cry. I love him. I have no recollection on why I was that upset but after that I felt a bit better. Looking Forward to Anything? We start going to the doctor weekly now and I'm actually looking forward to that! I love my doc. We see Jessica Rodriquez at Shelby and she is fabulous for me. Very chilled and listens to me. We are the same age and I feel like she just gets me. 



Chi Omegas celebrating these Chi O legacies! 

Conte's

Being pregnant is hard y'all!

My love

Best Mama in the universe
My sweet man who never leaves my side.  Love my Benjamin! 

1 comment:

  1. Being pregnant is emotional...especially twins! You are doing great! Elizabeth was happy to see you at the shower and said you are so cute! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete